John Mayer Confirms Breakup With Katy Perry (And Scotch)

الجمعة، 5 أبريل 2013


It's official. John Mayer has confirmed his split from Katy Perry just weeks after the breakup made headlines.
In an appearance on "The Ellen DeGeneres Show," airing Tuesday (March 2), the Born & Raised singer noted that he plans on keeping the details of the breakup classified. "Correct. Listen, it was a very private relationship going in. It was a private relationship during, and it's a private relationship, still," he said.

He added, "I can understand asking the question based on some previous answers I have given, but I have finally learned how to put the wall between one thing and the other. I've been much happier since then. I'm on the same journey as everyone else. Coupling is a tricky thing. It's a tricky thing. I want everyone to be happy."
Mayer and Perry first made headlines last June after they were spotted out together. They continued their hot and cold romance right up until last month when it was rumored they had split, weeks after they attended the Grammy Awards together.
Not only did he confirm his breakup with the California gurl, but he also confirmed his split from scotch after undergoing surgery on his vocal cords. "It didn't help that I really loved, love, love scotch," he said about what contributed to his throat condition, granuloma. "It's just like applying poison to your body. It's like applying a shellac of poison. It's just delicious, wonderful poison that makes you not care how late you're out 'til or where you're going. I had to really say, 'I like singing and writing more than I like delicious scotch.' So I had to really dial it down. And I'm a little more boring now."
While the singer's personal life might be kind of dull, his fans should prep for an exciting summer. He is taking his boring self out on tour. He's hired "American Idol" winner Phillip Phillips to join him on his trek. It all kicks off on July 6 in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, and the extensive multi-month jaunt will wrap up on October 5 in Los Angeles at the Hollywood Bowl.

ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق