Nicki Minaj Won't Wear 'Performer Hat' On 'American Idol'

الخميس، 4 أبريل 2013



In just a few short weeks during the live shows of "American Idol," Nicki Minaj has emerged as a fiery judge and isn't afraid to tell it how she sees it.
From the good, the bad to the downright ugly, Minaj has been brutally honest with the contestants, even if she is exercising some "self-control" from time to time, but it's only because she knows that there is serious potential in each of the remaining singers.

"All of these kids that are left right now, I don't want to see any one of them go now," Minaj told MTV News during "MTV First: Nicki Minaj." "To be completely honest, I feel they could all go out and make an album right now and be successful around the world. And also, they put in work, they put in a lot of work and they deserve to be there. I think that's what makes me happy. The people we have left deserve to be there."
On Wednesday, "American Idol" turned it up a notch, trading in the ballads for a classic rock theme. Not surprisingly, the girls stole the show, as the judges sang their praises on everything from Amber Holcomb's show-stopping performance to Janelle Arthur's bedazzled cowboy boots, which later found their way onto Nicki Minaj's feet.
The guys, on the other hand, found themselves in hot water again, especially R&B singer Burnell Taylor, who struggled through Bon Jovi's "You Give Love a Bad Name." However, even if Taylor is sent home on Thursday (April 4) night, he can rest assured because he may have already lined up a future collaborator.
"Burnell has a real R&B soulful John Legend voice to me. I could completely see myself doing a song with Burnell," Minaj said. "Kree [Harrison] and Janelle, I see them doing more country, so I don't know how that would work, but to be honest, I would work with any of them."
While Minaj is open to working with the contestants, there is one thing she may be opposed to while on "Idol" — performing. The Young Money rapper revealed that even though performing her new single, "High School" with Lil Wayne would be "dope," she, unlike fellow judge Keith Urban, who took the stage last week, is still unsure if judging and performing mix.
"I don't know if I want to wear the performer hat on 'Idol,' " Minaj said. "I think kudos to Keith for doing it, but I just don't know if I want to wear that hat there."

ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق