Boothroyd: Top three our destiny

الخميس، 11 أبريل 2013


Successive 1-0 defeats away at Cheltenham and Bradford have left the Cobblers two points behind third-placed Burton with a game in hand on the Brewers.
But Boothroyd is keen to see his side return to winning ways and the manager is determined to go up automatically instead of having to go through the lottery of the play-offs.
"We have come a very long way and I don't want to settle for the play-offs," said Boothroyd ahead of Northampton's home game against York on Saturday.
"I don't want to settle for saying it was a good season and we got the play-offs. I'm a winner and I want to win.
"We must concentrate on ourselves first and foremost, because if we start to worry about what other teams are doing then we will cause problems for ourselves.
"We have got some very committed, talented players and over the whole season it always evens itself out. I know we will be all right. I think it is our destiny to finish in the top three."

ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق