Artur Boruc signs two-year deal with Southampton

الخميس، 18 أبريل 2013
Artur Boruc: 'Pleased and proud' to be part of the project at Southampton


Southampton goalkeeper Artur Boruc has signed a new two-year deal at St Mary's to keep him there until 2015.
The 33-year-old Poland international's original deal was set to expire in June but he has agreed terms over an extension.
After being drafted into the side for their New Year's Day draw with Arsenal, the former Celtic keeper has started Southampton's last 15 games - only four of which have ended in defeat.
"I am very pleased and I'm proud to be a part of a big project," he told the club's official website. "As a club, I believe we can achieve a lot over the next two years, and I'm looking forward to that.
"The Premier League is probably the best place to play football and nothing has changed my mind on that since I came to Southampton.
"The new manager has changed a lot - we're playing totally different football, and I think that football is quite nice to watch and quite effective."
Manager Mauricio Pochettino added: "I'm very happy and very satisfied. Artur deserves this contract because, in the three months that I've been here, he has been crucial for us.
"He has a very strong personalty and character. He is very brave in the way that he plays and, with our brand of football, it's very important that we have a 'keeper like Boruc for the long term."
Having enjoyed five success-laden years at Celtic Park, Boruc left Glasgow for Fiorentina in 2010 where he spent two seasons before arriving at St Mary's as a free agent last September.

ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق